Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Handbrake question

Options
  • 07-05-2010 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

Guys,i've had to book my car in to get the handbrake done !its a99 vw polo diesel est.
    the last time it was done it was adjusted to the last.
    now what i want to know is what is involved in this and what needs to be changed and roughly what this normally costs,just dont want to get ripped off for parts that don't need to be changed.!

thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

there is just so much adjusting that can be done.
    Eventually the handbrake cable is stretched too much and just needs to be replaced.

Don't know how much that'll cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭geotrig

cheers

so the cable needs to be replaced so. after that is it just brake pads or is there anything else ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If your rear brakes themselves are ok chances are it'll be just the cable.

Cables vary in price make to make and so do labour charges. Get a quote from your dealer, and come back to us.

Advertisement