Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights from Dublin to Salzburg

Options
  • 06-05-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,
    Ryanair/aerlingus no longer mention flights from Dublin to Salzburg on their routemaps (even as a seasonal/winter only listing). Would anyone know if they've cancelled these routes permanently or if they're just off the website until later in the year?
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

You normally see them re appear around Late August or September.

Menenighm and Munich are other alternatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah I just flew back from Salzburg to Dublin on AL 6 weeks ago. I doubt if they are cut for next year as Salzburg serves lots of Austrian resorts.

Snowbride 2011 Ryanair have released their Winter schedule this week so you should be able to book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Any update on this, were hoping to fly from Dublin to Salzburg with Ryanair in Feb 2011, still no sign of their winter schedule, has the route been cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Was wondering about Ryanair too - I see Aer Lingus Dublin to Salzburg is up since about Friday - but the outbound route is very early in the morning :o

• Advertisement

The UK flights are up so it should not be to long till the Irish ones go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Just booked Ryanair to SZG today. I don't know how long they have been up, but they weren't there a week or two ago.

We're stuck having to go at mid-term and EI were (still are) charging the best part of €2K for 4 of us. The Ryanair flights came in just over €900 return inluding bags.

Our fallback plan involved flying to Bologna (dead cheap, I think something like €132 for 4 including taxes) on Friday evening, sleeper from Bologna to Worgl & then a local connection up the line. Alternatively we were going to stay on the sleeper to Munich and get the train back down, just to avoid arriving in the resort at 0700.

Anyhoo - now that the Ryanair flights have come online we can ditch that plan and just get a taxi from SZG instead.

Woot, holidays planned already.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Ryanair must only have put them up since Sunday - the last time I checked.

I ended up going with Aer Lingus a month ago, (because I figured Ryanair may have pulled out of Dublin/Salzburg) but I didn't like the times - they've since e-mailed me to say both flights will be a few hours later, so no longer getting up at stupid o'clock :)

Advertisement