Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Ford Mondeo 1.8 dsl - Vibrating & Noise

Options
  • 06-05-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could give me any info.

2007 Ford Mondeo 1.8 dsl (new version), 120,000kms on the clock, regularly serviced. Recently has been starting to vibrate while stationary and ticking over a little loudly. Was wondering if anyone could gimme an idea what it could be?

Also, it has a timing chain - could this be any of the prob? Is there a possibility that this could need to be changed? How do I know when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

dlambirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could give me any info.

2007 Ford Mondeo 1.8 dsl (new version), 120,000kms on the clock, regularly serviced. Recently has been starting to vibrate while stationary and ticking over a little loudly. Was wondering if anyone could gimme an idea what it could be?

Also, it has a timing chain - could this be any of the prob? Is there a possibility that this could need to be changed? How do I know when?

Could be as simple as a split hose connecting the EGR valve... its hard to say really from your symtoms!

Any flat spots or lack of power when accelerating? Smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mercservices

thewools wrote: »
    Could be as simple as a split hose connecting the EGR valve... its hard to say really from your symtoms!

Any flat spots or lack of power when accelerating? Smoke?
    id be putting my money on the duel mass flywheel, real problem on these. changed a few

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

DMF usually only causes problems when the clutch is hitting it, I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Car has been hard to get into reverse....

DMF usually only causes problems when the clutch is hitting it, I thought?
    no not always,had a few that rattle there heads off sittin still.

• Advertisement

dlambirl wrote: »
    Car has been hard to get into reverse....
    Dmf and clutch for you so....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Get the bottom crank shaft tentionser on the fan belt checked, My 06 was liek this for a while and new tentionser sorted this out and is far cheaper than a DMF (aorund 120 for parts and 1 hours labour). A few mechanics tought it was the DMF, but a quick test proved it wasn't. Pres and de-press the clutch a few time, if you hear knocking when doing this is could well be the DMF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thanks will do

Advertisement