Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Teamspeak

Options
  • 06-05-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering is there an alternative to teamspeak that you can host the server part on your own pc/server?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://ventrilo.com

Id easily say vent is the commanding lead of the VOIP gaming market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Mumble is miles ahead of both for quality though, we've tried them all but Mumble wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Thanks for the quick replies. Will check out both of them and see how i get on with them :). It will be for gaming so the gaming one will probably be the best choice for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gaming one? :confused: They both very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theyre both effectively the same thing; different flavors. Do whatever suits you and your group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Sorry meant the one that was more popular for gaming as would be easier to convince my brother and a few friends to switch to it.

Advertisement