Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Clonsilla

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with this? Last I heard the planning permission was refused. Have Aldi sold the land and killed the idea or is it planned for somewhere else?

I know we have a couple of Lidls but I think it'd be a great addition to D15 - maybe not in Weavers Row because of the traffic situation but maybe somewhere else.

Just curious.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I heard it was killed off. Would be great if we could get one. we just dont need another lidl 4 of them is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is it the road that Host is on and the petrol station that they wanted to open it on? Sorry, I don't really know the names of the roads just yet! I think that it would be an absolute disaster there in terms of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

janeybabe wrote: »
    Is it the road that Host is on and the petrol station that they wanted to open it on? Sorry, I don't really know the names of the roads just yet! I think that it would be an absolute disaster there in terms of traffic.

clonsilla road an yep that's why the planning was refused

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I'd love an auld supermarket to walk up to. Spar is just too expensive, but I don't really have an option.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

Agreed.Aldi would be a great addition to this area.Personally i think the stuff they sell is better than lidl..The last i heard was that the planning permission on Clonsilla road was refused and yes ,some individual got very rich after he sold the land to the developer who didnt get planning permission..:) i have to make the journey to the Finglas Aldi generally and usually all the bargains are gone at that stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

Politicians doing the rounds looking for votes are saying that part of the Aldi site (near the canal) was sold off by Aldi - now they could be wrong - but has anyone heard anything.

Anyone come across any new planning applications?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

oblivious wrote: »
    clonsilla road an yep that's why the planning was refused

It was the combined traffic from the supermarket and 60 apartments that killed it in the end (among other things), no way Aldi were going to get a return on their investment of €11m by building a store on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Holy necrophilia batman, 4 year posts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

oblivious wrote: »
    Holy necrophilia batman, 4 year posts ;)

Only spotted that now, my bad. Still on topic though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'll close this and the other Aldi thread can be used for discussion, thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement