Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another roundabout question

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

When a roundabout has two distinct lanes and a car is coming from my right in the inside lane, do I have to wait until they have passed or can I pull out into the outer lane?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

Thanks. I did that yesterday and realised afterwards that could have happened. The road leading off has two lanes but you have to switch before the next roundabout depending on where you are going so he could have pulled off left into me. Won't do it again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Jamie-b wrote: »
    When a roundabout has two distinct lanes and a car is coming from my right in the inside lane, do I have to wait until they have passed or can I pull out into the outer lane?
    As df says, you can pull out (and in some busy roundabouts you may need to pull out to make progress), but if you do, be very cautious of traffic to your right cutting you up.

As you approach the exit, decide early - either drop behind the car to your right, or get your nose in front so you are sure they see you. Try never to exit paralell to/on the shoulder of a car on your right.

Advertisement