Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil Heating or Gas Heating - How to Choose?

• 06-05-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

We are building a 2 storey 2200 sq ft house and our plumber has asked us to consider oil or Gas Heating. We are not near a gas pipeline so would have to get it delivered.

I admit straight up that I know nothing about this and would appreciate any advice. We have oil at home and everyone I know has oil so I can't seem to get an opinion anywhere.

We are using a heat recovery system, we have a well insulated house with a stove and back boiler as we have timber to burn. We don't have Solar.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to consider when making our decision?

Thanks

Jennyr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

At the moment oil is cheaper than LPG. By the sounds of it with your heat recovery system, stove and back boiler I dont think it would really mater which one you would get because it would only be used as a last resort. With LPG you have a very wide choice of high efficient boilers to choose from all of which can be converted to LPG. With oil, Grant have the highest efficient boiler on the market and this can be found on the SEDBUK web site. It called a Vortex and it is more efficient than a gas boiler.

Advertisement