Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syambain Devlopment

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Anyone do development for the syambain OS, it the OS that on the nokia 5800 and may others , and has 47.9% share in entire mobile marked. It is open source and Run by the Symbian Foundation Also i your a good web devloper you can write apps with their open source Web runtime (WRT).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

mach1982 wrote: »
    Anyone do development for the syambain OS, it the OS that on the nokia 5800 and may others , and has 47.9% share in entire mobile marked. It is open source and Run by the Symbian Foundation
    What exactly are you asking? You post seems to be a bit all over the place.

Symbian is at a bit of a crossroads at present, and it is recovering from the PR disaster of last year when Nokia effectively announced that it was dumping it in favour of Maemo (now MeeGo). Subsequently they have done a lot of damage limitation on it and promised that it will still have a future with their mid-range handsets, but a lot in the industry are unconvinced - even many third-tier manufacturers are building frameworks because they are uncomfortable with what the mobile OS future holds.

Qt is a move in the right direction, but it may be too little too late, and even if not, it comes with its own share of issues.
    Also i your a good web devloper you can write apps with their open source Web runtime (WRT).
    WRT is not open source. Personally, I think it is a fantastic platform for putting applications together quickly for Nokia devices, but it too has an uncertain future - while available on Maemo/MeeGo devices, a WRT app is only so if you right a Qt wrapper for it, for example.

Advertisement