Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help sealing a copper cylinder

Options
  • 06-05-2010 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Leak in the copper cylinder
    I have a leak in my hot water copper cylinder, I thought it was the fitting from my heating to the coil inside. I removed the fitting and found that the leak is coming from the 1" male tread on the end of the coil, and the wall of the cyclindermad.gif!

I have the cyclinder drained down and was thinking of soldering the joint, or any other suggestions that anybody may be kind enough to share?

Kind regards,

Anthony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

Didn't have any flux so the solder didn't stick!! Off to get some now, or would the likes of Tec 7 be a better seal on the joint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Solder probably isn't the answer, its for joining not filling. Even if you get it to hold, it won't last.
    JB Weld or something similar will do the job, I have never used Tec 7 so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You can use soldier to fill small holes, however I don't think this is the answer here.

You may have to bite the bullet and just replace the cylinder.

Advertisement