Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's considered independent?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages here. I applied for a grant this year but got rejected. I thought I was under the limit but I can't find them anymore. May have to take out a loan to cover it. Gonna be a hard year. Anyway

I understood that if you were living on your own, you were independent, but I've heard both yes and no to that.

Let's say I was living in dun laoighre (which I will be next year) am I considered independent? I'm going to itt btw.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Unfortunatly you have to be living out of home from October of the previous to be considered Independent. Also i think you have to be over 23. At least thats what i was told by my VEC. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

That really is complete crap. You think they'd consider you independent when you stoped taking money from your parents and are living on your own. But that would be sensible. And the vec can't have that can they.

Advertisement