Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips & Tricks for tobacco smokers

Options
  • 06-05-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a small tips and tricks thread, for the fun.

Ever buy extremely dry tobacco? It's a b|tch, ain't it? Well, there are two ways to stop this from running your day (or night).

The first one, is half a cap of whiskey. Maybe less. Quite literally a drop. I have used Southern Comfort myself. Put a drop into the pouch with the tobacco, and an hour later, your tobacco will be moist again. You'll need to experiment with this, though, as too much whiskey means the tobacco will keep going out, and way too much will mean that you won't be able to use the tobacco for a day or two. And yeah, your tobacco will smell and taste of whatever whiskey you choose, so ensure you choose one you like.

The second, is a peel of fruit. For me, a small slice of orange peel does the trick. This also ensures the tobacco doesn't dry out. The only con I've found is that the tobacco can clump around the peel, but what the hell. Again, ensure you like the fruit that you use. The peel doesn't have to be moist as such, it just has to be "not dry".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Emergency humidor for cigars, useful when traveling is two zip lock bags. Wet a tissue and put it into one of the bags. Put your cigars into the other. Now put the first bag (unzipped) inside the second bag with the cigars and then zip that one. This gives you a nice humid atmosphere to keep your cigars in good condition but not in contact with any water.

It's not a long term thing but is saves smoking the harsh dusty cigars for your two weeks vacation in France.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement