Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for top soil (Dublin)

Options
  • 05-05-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I live in Dublin 4, just got some major work done on the house. My garden is in rag order :)

I need some top soil, not sure where to get it, I'd need it delivered too. Do you guys know any good places? How do I find out how good the quality is? Does soil come in grades?

Can some one tell me what a reasonable price is for soil is by the tonne?

Cheers,
    Nabber.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I know I got some in North Wicklow, collected at €6 per tonne but I have seen prices as high as €90 delivered in tonne bags. I think the €6/t would deliver if the qty and price were right, but you would be talking about a bulk load. Have you room to have it dropped off? Would tonne bags suit you better? Can a lorry access your home/drive? As for grades it was screened so no big lumps but plenty of weed seeds etc. I found them in my local small adds.

Otherwise PM me and I can send you the details, also I learnt the hard way you need a lot more than you think.

Advertisement