Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Pressure - Help please

Options
  • 05-05-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi.....can't find this detail....

I have a '91 Hymer 534 (under 3 ton).

Anyway what tyre pressure do I need in the tyres.......please advise:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Really dependson what size wheel is on it,,,probably 15/16 inch so assumeing the tyrs are ok and not perished and are extra load tyres the would be good for 60/70psi....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Depends on tyres alright but I would say 60 max with full load, 55 unladen.

At 70psi the ride will be,to quote a bus driver I met once 'as hard as the hob of hell'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭wishful thinker

thanks for that.....put mind at rest now!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Actually that older hymer is based on the old boxy ducato which had small wheels I think the pressure for the old ducato was 50psi. That being said the modern tyres will be much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

This is a very informative leaflet on motorhome tyres that I came across on another forum. It's in this link http://www.tyresafe.org/tyre-safety/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

paddyp wrote: »
    Actually that older hymer is based on the old boxy ducato which had small wheels !

Not quite so . Some of the older ones had 16 inch wheels . Same as the newer ones.

corkbuoy wrote: »
    This is a very informative leaflet on motorhome tyres that I came across on another forum. It's in this link http://www.tyresafe.org/tyre-safety/

Good link!

for reference , the very popular in European built motorhomes in the late 90's , and into the '00s , the Michelin Camping XC , was a 215 70 16 , with a load index of around 112-114 , fitted to the majority of Ducato "Maxi" chassis.

I always pump them to 4 bar , and advise customers to pump them up a wee bit with big loads and on the motorway , or drop them 5 psi on back roads and low weight .

Advertisement