Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slatted tank prices

Options
  • 05-05-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

just hopeing someone may have some advice,i am thinking of building a slatted tank 88x15x8foot tank just started to look for quotes for it,so far i got one at a cost of 24000euro thats with slats included. that not including excavation. i myself thaught it a bit steep:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

price the slats first, I reckon there is scope for going lower, are you going grant specs for the re-bars or keeping it simple?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

PAULDOG wrote: »
    just hopeing someone may have some advice,i am thinking of building a slatted tank 88x15x8foot tank just started to look for quotes for it,so far i got one at a cost of 24000euro thats with slats included. that not including excavation. i myself thaught it a bit steep:confused:
    Seems very expensive to me. Friend has just signed contract with good builder, for 3 bay single, including excavation, tank, 12.5 foot slats, shed (with fibre cement roof), electrics, plumbing, pens, feed barriers, 14 foot creep area at the rear of the tank. Total cost €32k. Shed is galvanised steel, and tank is grant spec! He had a couple of quotes in the same ball park. It's competitive now. Getting builder to do the whole lot, seems the way to go. They need to keep the sho on the road, and willing to do job on small margin, if they are fairly sure of the farmer's capacity to pay in full and on time with no messing or delay's.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

got contractor to do 40 foot tank last year not grant spec but pretty close tractor slats - seconds, had a small few chips out of em but fine and a new manhole slat 35N concrete and steel tied into tank 40'x12'6"x8' cost E6000 + vat not including excavating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PAULDOG

NO I WAS GOING TO KEEP IT QUIET SIMPLE,THE SLATS WERE PRICED AT 5400 VAT INCLUDED,I WAS GOING BUILD THE TANK AND THEN PUT THE REST TOGETHER IN STAGES WHEN MONEY WAS AVAIBLE PUT THE PRICE I THINK IS JUST MAD STILL WAITING ON 2 MORE QUOTES.I THINK HE IS STILL BACK IN 2007 WITH A PRICE LIKE THAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Good article in this weeks Farmers Journal.
    Prices given for standard 13 foot reinforced underground tank complete with slats at 240€ to 270€/ft length.

Seperate price for slats given for 12ft standard at under 40€ per ft, width.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

theres a new ad on done deal for 10ft 6 catlle slats , one slat with a man hole cover to do a 80 ft tank 2400 euro in carlow .. new

Advertisement