Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing assignment results?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was just wondering what is the story with appealing the result of an assignment submitted during term? The assignment grade is part of my end-of-year grade (together with an exam), but I have received the assignment grade separately. Looking through the college website there is a well-documented procedure for appealing and objecting to exam results but nothing on doing the same for an assignment.

At the mo I just think I *might* want to appeal the result; obviously I would have to see how it was marked first. Can I do that though? The senior tutor's website says I have a right to discuss the marking of the exam with the lecturer, but does anyone know if it's the same for assignments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

You can only appeal if you have an actual reason to. It's not like the leaving cert.

Don't know what the procedure is for assignments, but that's the rule for exam results so I'm sure it'd apply to assignments too if there's a system in place.

But yes, I'm sure you do have a right to discuss your grade with the lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Thanks. Was going to add to the OP (but forgot) that I'm not one to appeal bad results just because they are bad. I've never appealed a result before. I just think that this time I might have reason to. But of course that all depends, which is why I would like to see the marking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Discuss with lecturer first and foremost - see how it was marked, get explanation. If there's a problem, you should go talk to your college tutor about it, and/or head of department/school, but the first stop should be the person who marked it and who should have valid reasons he/she can give for having given you a particular mark.

Advertisement