Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a problem with a vindictive friend.

Options
  • 05-05-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Simple really every one well have a story be keep it short do you know off some one in your circle who tends to hold a long standing grudge or vindication over some one else who perhaps does not deserve it.
    Reason I ask is [I'm a reg here under my usual avatar but to protect my modesty I am keeping this anonymous] I have become aware only off late off a person who I assumed to be on good terms with in fact has in in for me in a big way over something or another and yes I have not a clue what it may be.
    By the way I'm a guy.
    Tanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I always assumed women were more vindictive, especially for holding grudges often over silly things.

But only recently I noticed just how bad some men can be too. Sort of like the hate you describe in that person you thought you were on good terms with. Often it's caused by jealousy or the need to take you down just to make themselves feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

How long is a piece of string?

I know some guys who will never let something drop and some girls who are the same. I also know their opposites TBH.

If someone has it in for you then just don't talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

How is this a personal issue and what has gender got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have edited the title of this thread, general discussions are not the remit of this forum.

So you have a friend who you think is out with you but hasn't confronted you on the matter so you have no idea why?

Have you tried finding out what the matter maybe by asking friends in common, eps if they have been bitching about you, or confronting them directly yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey OP,

Find a quiet moment and ask them about it. Tell them why you think what they do and ask for a frank discussion to clear the air. Other wise you'll just worry and stress and second guess looks and comments, it's also not nice if things are filtering back to you, it's best getting the story straight from the horses mouth, even if it's something you'd rather not hear.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement