Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I go, what do I do?

Options
  • 05-05-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really know where to start with this, but here goes!

I have been in an extremely difficult place in my life for more than three years now, since moving away from an abusive household. I have suffered from severe depression as a result but have only ever gone as far as being medicated for this and seeing a psyciatrist as an out-patient for like three months on a weekly basis.

I have outlined to them that I feel that things are getting harder and harder for me and that I am not entirely sure of myself, which is something I amn't saying likely. It's this uncertainty that is driving me mad. Everything that goes remotely wrong seems like a huge issue to me!

I have gone through all this with my psyciatrist and that but I have a problem, where do I turn when I feel so uncertain? I am due to go back home for the summer now in three weeks after college exams, which seem to be pushing me further and further, thing is where am I going to turn if I get 'home' for the summer!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

The uncertainty about everything here is killing you, and therefore you simply have to talk to the right people about this. If yout doctor isn't helping, then open up to your parents - they will appreciate it I'm sure if you are honest with them. If you would prefer to just talk to your psych./doctor, then go short of actually demanding that he help you more. It is his job, after all, and you seem to be in desparate need. Don't accept what he says if you feel it isn't working.

Ultimately, grab hold of the reigns of your life and make decisions based on what you wnt (not what others want you to do).

kevin

Advertisement