Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying out a netopia 2247 with firewall at low but getting intrusions!!

Options
  • 05-05-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

I am testing a netopia 2247 and hooked up the xbox 360 as per instructions. When I did speed went up but now I get warnings on intrusions and a trojan. I use mcafee as security and adware. How can I make the netopia more secure and still have the speed. Also at the moment I cant use the wireless as MCAFEE says it does not support ipv6!

Help.

gb--

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Are you getting the notifications on your desktop PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes on desktop, xp pro, I have pluugd it out and using a vodafone one now.

why do you ask if it is desktop out of curiiousity?

gb-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Cause I wasnt sure of your set up. I wouldnt over stress about the intrusions, they happen every second of the day. Id be more concerned with the rubbish called Mcafee. Thats one of the worst antivirus packages available. Id look at spending 50 euro and get yourself ESET. Its runs really well on XP and older machines as it has a small CPU foot print and it wont be coming up with such alerts it'll just deal with them.

All the years Ive been onlne most of the time 24/7 and Eset has protected me, only once did it let me know of a floating trojan which it killed...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Microsoft Secuirty Essentials seems okay - plus its free...

Advertisement