Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washer

Options
  • 05-05-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a power washer for washing out the sheds around the yard now that the cattle are finally out, any recommendations?
    I don't see the point it getting a one that isn't powerful enough so hopefully someone could recommend something suitable and that won't cost the SFP;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

If going electric, I would recommend a Kranzle 160 TST:

http://www.kranzle.co.za/T_range.php

These cost around a grand, but in my opinion are well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I have the kranzle 160 TST. Great washer. Got mine for about €950 as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

interesting, do they have a turbo head or anything? or are they good for cleaning out slatted sheds, I had thought nothing could touch the pto washer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

anything from jetwash that you can put onto your tractor is worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

interesting, do they have a turbo head or anything? or are they good for cleaning out slatted sheds, I had thought nothing could touch the pto washer?

The turbo head and normal washer head came with mine. Cant compare it with a pto washer because I have never used one! Do the pto washers give more pressure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Have an old Gerni 1300 hot and cold power washer. Single phase electric, with a diesel burner on board to heat the water when you want hot wash.

Have to say, once you use hot wash, you never want to go back to cold alone.
    You get through any tough job, in less than half the time with the hot wash, and much less pressure being used. With the cold, you rely on brute force alone, which might be ok, in the slatted shed, but not so good on the painted wall of the house for example, or some farm machines for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Thanks for the recommmendations I'll price around and see what I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

contact jimmy murray in roscommon. he has a massive range of washers at the right price. you tell him what you want it for and he will put you right..

Jimmy Murray. Agri Services Ltd. Powerwasher,. Sales & Services. Rahara,. Co. Roscommon. (090) 66 23476. (086) 2538150.

tell him joe sent you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭kincaid

i have a honda petrol washer but just has not enough power for me so after something much stronger
    so what the best make of pto washer to buy -hawk seem very common but are they better than cat

Advertisement