Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Banned From Bargain Alerts!

Options
  • 05-05-2010 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,

I thought that I had worked out how to use the forums properly. But according to an administrator I am not . I have been banned from Bargain Alerts for 14 days. If I am offering a bargain or something that might be in the interest of consumers why am I not allowed to put it up on the bargain alerts. Must I get another member to do it in an underhanded way! Seems crazy to me. I want to offer people the chance to win €1000 worth of shopping vouchers that they can use with my online kitchen store and the administrator has banned me. Like, is €1000 in shopping vouchers not classed as a bargain, and should people not be alerted to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

touting for business = ban

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Help Desk that way
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm not an administrator, just a moderator. You were banned (not permanently mind you) for advertising your business, twice. So, obviously you haven't figured out how to use these forums properly. Maybe now you will.

Getting another member to do it in an underhanded way will result in both of you being banned. So don't do that either.

If you wish to advertise your offers, then contact sales@boards.ie as I said to you in the PM, because advertising costs money. As a business owner you should already know that.

This is really a Helpdesk issue, thread moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi ab20, I'm going to put this in the direction of one of our community managers to deal with as you represent a business rather than an individual.

Advertisement