Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy wood uncut for a log cabin

Options
  • 05-05-2010 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Well i posted something similar to this in another forum and got no reply so can any tell me where id get large posts to build this log bench in the attachment. I live in d 15 please help im a chippy and i have never needed to buy it in myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Try contacting some of the people who supply firewood, a lot of them buy from coilte in lengths and cut and split themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

for something half decent and already tanalised, try you local agri co/op,
    everything in the picture looks just like it could be made with fencing posts, the seat being fully machined 3" posts, fairly standard, but the frame being something like a 5" strainer post, if you cant get a strainer long enough, jumping poles for horse may suit either, all being better finish, and will be easier on the hands as well as the eyes, than rough cut logs,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Contact your local Coillte office. They will sell it direct to you.

Advertisement