Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant paranoia

Options
  • 05-05-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just looking for some advice here to see if what I'm going through is in any way normal.

Basically I over analyse everything and am constantly paranoid that I have done something (unknowingly) to someone or that they are odd with me for some reason. Say after a night out, even if I have been reasonably sober, I wake up the next day filled with dread that people now dislike me. This lasts for a few days where I can literally barely eat due to a knot in my stomach. It's not even just after nights out, if I meet someone and they seem short with me or don't seem very friendly - even though they might just be tired or whatever - I automatically assume it's due to something I said or did to them and spend the next few days wondering what I did wrong.

I know it seems egotistical as if the whole world somehow revolves around me and heaven forbid people should just be having a bad day but I can't seem to help it. I know this is due to my own insecurities but has anyone been like this in the past and managed to change their thinking? Obviously some of it is morning after horrors after a night of drinking, but as I said it happens sometimes in the middle of the day from nowhere.

I hate being this way and it seems to be getting worse, to the point where if I'm in a group and saying something I'm imagining that other people are looking at each other going "what is she like?!!" so then I sit there saying nothing and then feel like a fool for not getting involved etc etc round in circles.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I would check it out with your GP OP. It could just be anxiety. You know?

The alcohol definately doesn't help, I used to get that when I was drinking.

There could be a confidence issue as you seem to be looking for acceptance from everyone all the time? Could that be the case?

All I can say is cut down on the alcohol intake on nights out (I know it's hard ;)), and try to forget what other people think of you. Love yourself, I mean it, really love yourself and you will be a happier person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

could be a social anxiety? go to your GP and get it checked out. Anxieties are alot more common than you think, and it will put your mind at ease if you go get yourself seen to :)

Advertisement