Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC take over Broadworks

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭

Finally this sham of a company has been taken over by UPC and residents of Ongar and Barnswell can get proper TV/phone/internet (without paying for a land-line).

UPC announced today that they have re-branded and dropped the NTL/Chorus naming and taken over Broadworks 6500 customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I hope it works out. NTL aren't exactly brilliant themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

BostonB wrote: »
    I hope it works out. NTL aren't exactly brilliant themselves.

Out of the frying pain and into the fire.

I've dozens and dozens of calls to UPC support. 1st line support are non technical and have the rule book stuck up their arse.

2nd level are much better, but the UPC network itself is about as stable as an patient at an insane asylum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have no issue whatsoever with UPC, I think they are quite good and I love the service I get from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

but the UPC network itself is about as stable as an patient at an insane asylum.
    I only have their broadband (since 2005) and I have found it to be very stable.
    I was never happy with their television.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

daymobrew wrote: »
    I only have their broadband (since 2005) and I have found it to be very stable.
    I was never happy with their television.

Well I guess it must just be the Blanch area.

I had 96% packet loss earlier today. Yet another engineer is set to come out next Saturday to 'check the connection'. I don't know why, since the 2nd level tech said there was 40% errors on the upstream connection and it can't be my modem (which has been replaced 3 times). I've logged over 80 calls to their helpdesk in total I think.

I'd go with another provider except I don't pay for the broadband here (landlord does), and the other other choices are low speed/high cost Eircom and IrishBroadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Well I guess it must just be the Blanch area.

I had 96% packet loss earlier today. Yet another engineer is set to come out next Saturday to 'check the connection'. I don't know why, since the 2nd level tech said there was 40% errors on the upstream connection and it can't be my modem (which has been replaced 3 times). I've logged over 80 calls to their helpdesk in total I think.
    I am in Carpenterstown. I had the major packet loss around 1:30-2pm today. It resolved itself within about 15 mins.

Advertisement