Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Mistake

Options
  • 04-05-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have no idea where to even start....

A couple of years ago I was living abroad with my partner. I had a good social life and a good steady job. My partner didnt have a job at the time. I wanted to move back to ireland, so I quit my job, we left our friends and came back.

My partner got a good job, but for the past couple of years I have been in and out of work in ireland. Never found anything that paid anything decent or anything related to what I want to do.

I have now been out of work for a year and I have no idea what to do next. I can't move again, my partner wouldn't come with me and I can't even start thinking about moving without them.

We had thought we'd be able to move to ireland, get jobs, get a house, start a family, but now everything is unattainable. The longer I am out of work the harder it gets to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We havent even had a proper holiday since we moved back to Ireland as we have never had the money.

I have no idea what I expect people to reply -- is it really just a matter of hanging in there until something comes up? I would move anywhere for a job at this stage, but I couldn't do it on my own. Any time I bring up moving with my partner it is impossible to discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

it's a terrible frustrating time for you at the moment.how about taking advantage of the back to work schemes or you could learn a new skill with the fas and college schemes.if you want to earn big money you will find it difficult to do that anywhere at the moment as all countries are like here at the moment.just keep thinking of that every country is like here at the minute.but it will get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Getting a steady well paid job nthis country is almost impossible.
    Have you thought about going back to college or re training?
    I think you should definetly have a serious talk with your partner I'm
    sure they will understand.

Advertisement