Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H Dip psychology

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm looking to get some feedback on the higher diploma in psychology, and psychology at trinity in general. Would be really grateful if anyone who has done the course or is studying psychology at Trinity could share a bit of their experience of the course and the school's staff and facilities, etc.

In particular does anyone have any idea how this course compares to other psychology conversion courses (i.e. the hdip psychology in Galway, UCC and UCD)?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

My friend has applied for this course, though not in Trinity. From the research she has done talking to members of the Counselling Service in College as well as department members both here and in the other Universities, there seems to be no difference in the courses really to be honest.

Her reason for not applying here is purely financial, the cost of the H.Dip Psych here is DOUBLE what it is in Galway, UCC and UCD. To apply for the UCD Conversion Course you need to have actually graduated from College so if you are sitting finals this year you must apply for the 2011-2012 course not the course starting in Sept 2010.

Are you hoping to go into psychology youself? That why you researching the conversion course? This course is also offered in England by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ms. K

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I'm out of college a while and have decided to go back and do psychology. So applied to all courses, got an offer for Trinity and UCC. I am from and based in Dublin and have heard good things about Trinity, but especially with the double fees would consider going to Cork if the course and school there is as good or better.

Just trying to find more to base the decision on than money or the convenience of staying put, but as you say there doesn't seem to be much difference between the courses.

Best of luck to your friend

Advertisement