Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masturbation

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is masturbating every day a little excessive or normal...or is there a normal? I am currently studying for exams and find myself having some me time everyday in between the work load. I think I just do it for a distraction from the work...but I have been wondering am I doing it too much. Yes this is a serious question btw, and I am a girl..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is masturbating every day a little excessive or normal...or is there a normal? I am currently studying for exams and find myself having some me time everyday in between the work load. I think I just do it for a distraction from the work...but I have been wondering am I doing it too much. Yes this is a serious question btw, and I am a girl..

Normal is what you are comfortable with.

For some people its never, for some its twice a day.

Your doing nothing worng, and nothing that will harm your.

Enjoy

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think for guys it's seen as a given that they do it, for girls? is it still a case of not admitting it :confused:

Perfectly natural thing to do OP and if it gets rid of the stress that's a + it's not like it'll do any harm like make you go blind or give you hairy palms ;)

It also does have added benefits, such as in some case's making it easier to have an orgasm with a partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey OP,

I don't think there is a normal. Masturbatory habits vary from person to person and can even vary significantly for each person depending on their circumstances at various junctures. If it is helping your stress levels, helping you sleep or even just kills some time to avoid study for a while and isn't having a detrimental effect on any aspect of your life then just enjoy!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In my opinion, the only time that masturbating "a lot" (which as said, varies from person to person) is "too much" is if you're constantly substituting it for actual sex and physical relationships with an other half and since you're not and just doing it for your own enjoyment, then there's no problem.

Doing once, twice, three times even no times a day is healthy depending on whether it feels like its "enough" for you. It relieves stress for some and hey it's your body, you can do with it what you want.

But no, from what you said, it doesn't sound like you're doing it too much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

From what you have said it seems to ease stress and you enjoy it
    so no there is definetly nothing wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Barracudaincork

Masturbation is a great stress relief and i always mastubrated more when studying for exams than during normal work weeks etc Had a chat about it with one of my friends who was studying for different exams and he said he is the same, and masturbates more at these times. So its normal for a few of us :) But as other posters said, aslong as its not substituting sex and your not obsessed by it then, its not too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CaptainCrunch

Guy here.

I have to do it at least once a day or I cant concentrate on my work. Monday is usually not so bad because I normally get some at the weekend, but usually Tuesday and Thursday are bad days. OP your lucky that your at home, so you can do it in nice relaxed surroundings, and use what ever stimuli you like. I normally do it in the gents in the office I work in. Its not as much fun. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Sounds totally normal to me. It's a great stress reliever/relaxant so why wouldn't you indulge? Something is only deemed "excessive" if its harmful to you or others.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

years ago they said that too much made you go blind. However, theres great laser surgery around now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

When i was younger, i dragged myself around the house. Study for me was the distraction from masturbation. Kind of got tired of it a little when i got older and preferred the inclusion of a third hand...

Look, Study is stressful and if knocking one or 2 out a day helps you relax and focuses your mind better, go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

I'll have weeks where it's a daily thing, as find it a great stress reliever, then some weeks it's just a once off.

Nothing to worry about at all ;)

Oh, I'm a girl also!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'll have weeks where it's a daily thing, as find it a great stress reliever, then some weeks it's just a once off.

Nothing to worry about at all ;)

Oh, I'm a girl also!

There is research that shows women masturbate as much as men... its just that they dont talk as much about it as we do :D

Advertisement