Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eidur Gudjohnsen nazi salute...

Options
  • 04-05-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

What do you make of this..?

There is a small bit of controversy in the papers but personally I think it's just a drunk mistake.

What are your views...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

I've not seen it but from what i hear, he claims it not him and is seeking legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

04 May 2010
    Eidur Gudjohnsen has issued legal proceedings against the Daily Star following their article alleging he made a Nazi salute.

Eidur has also released the following statement. "I have read with horror the article in the Daily Star this morning that accuses me of making a Nazi salute.

"I have this morning instructed my lawyers to take action against the paper.

"The picture shows me pointing with my first finger with my other finger over my lip. It is not and was not a Nazi salute. The suggestion that it was is an outrageous slur and I am furious that despite the paper having been clearly informed last night of the truth of the situation they nevertheless went on the publish the allegation.

"I do not see anything to do with Nazi Germany as a laughing matter and would not and have never made light of that regime.

"I am astonished that a national newspaper can so casually make such an accusation without the picture itself even backing up the allegation in what is a clear attempt to cause me immense reputational damage both personally and professionally.

"I will do all that is necessary to put that right."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/eidur-gudjohnsen-040510.html

I seem to recall a thread recently where I highlighted an article I saw on on Jim Duggans Topspurs relating to Spurs and the Media. I've noticed that the Daily Star have been very quick to take the story off their website.

Do you really believe anything published in the Daily Star????

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

He should nial the dicks to the wall,

Allot of people ate still deeply offended by such things. Lazy reporting looking for the next big scandal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

Why would they print this rubbish?

The fans of the club he's at currently know more about what constitutes a Nazi than any other club. This is a despicable piece of journalism.:mad:

Advertisement