Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT exhaust question

Options
  • 04-05-2010 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I had the NCT yesterday yesterday, failed for a few reasons. One of the points was that the exhaust had a hole in it which meant they couldn't do an emissions test. I'm just wondering, do I need to get a whole new exhaust, or is it acceptable to have the hole patched/welded up, which I assume will be cheaper. Also, does anyone have any idea on how much an exhaust will cost for a 98 fiesta?

Secondly, my NCT was up in April, so does that mean I can't drive now, or can I drive once I have applied for a test?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get an exhaust centre to have a look. A weld will probably sort it, shouldn't be expensive.
    You shouldn't drive without NCT but if the Garda stops you and you have applied for a retest and need to go to the mechanic/test centre they'll probably let you off. And it's not like you've gone months without it.

Any above is not legal advice, they could take the car but it's not very likely at all.

Advertisement