Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spray painting bumper and lip - Toyota Celica

Options
  • 04-05-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'm currently awaiting delivery of a Greddy Lip for my Gen 7 1999. It's a white JDM 190. Basically, the lip I have on order is for facelift bumpers ie 2003 onwards, so I'm trying to source a 2nd hand facelift bumper from either here or the UK.

In short, The lip and new bumper will have to be prepped and sprayed and then bumper attached. The Lip is urethane and is genuine so it will fit like a glove and the fitments for the bumper are the same, so there not much work in installing it.

I went to my local Bodyshop today, who's done work for me in the past, and he wants around €300 for it.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit steep for what should be an easy enough job. I know his work is good, which is why I went back, but what is the general consensus? Is it to dear? I've heard of people gettin entire front ends painted for 300-400 euro.

Is there any reputable body shops people could recommend to get quotes off?

This is the lip that I have on the way

_MG_0226.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Well the facelift bumper will be 2nd hand and probably will need to be sanded/primed before the new paint goes on. OE parts can often need minor tweaking to be a perfect fit too.

€200 for spraying and fitting a bumper isn't too bad and doing the same to a lip for €100 is pretty decent, especially seeing as you know his work is good. He'll have to blend the paint in to your existing paintwork too which can be tricky so if you know he'll do a good job of it then it could be the best option.

Of course you'll get it cheaper if you know someone in the trade but you could do worse than €300 from a bodyshop that you have no affiliation with.

Better to pay a bit more and get someone you know will do it right the first time than save a few quid and have someone make a hash of it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

300 for a known good painter to paint a fresh lip and and sand prep paint a 2ndd hand bumper......... sounds fair to me :D

Advertisement