Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamping - Do I have a good arguement to get money back

Options
  • 04-05-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I have a question, I was parked at the health centre in Clonmel hospital. There was absolutely no parking anywhere around. I parked half way on/off double yellows. My hands up to the offence. My question is there were no signs around to let me know that clamping was in operation. The signs where further up the road towards the hospital (I had no reason to drive past them ) As the signs wern't posted where I was clamped do I have any reason to complain and get my money back or should I just suck it up cuz I didn't choose wisely in my parking???redface.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Cerocco wrote: »
    I have a question, I was parked at the health centre in Clonmel hospital. There was absolutely no parking anywhere around. I parked half way on/off double yellows. My hands up to the offence. My question is there were no signs around to let me know that clamping was in operation. The signs where further up the road towards the hospital (I had no reason to drive past them ) As the signs wern't posted where I was clamped do I have any reason to complain and get my money back or should I just suck it up cuz I didn't choose wisely in my parking???redface.gif

At the risk of sounding high horsey and getting a bashing.....pay the money.....bad/illegal parking at a hospital cannot be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I parked half way on/off double yellows.

If you're parking on a double yellow line, there's always a good chance you'll be clamped. Sign or no sign. About the refund, I think you know the answer to your own question ;)

Sorry about the clamp / fine. Not nice. Happened to me once the day before Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I dont mean to sound condescending but normally parking on double yellows will result in either a fine or clamping one or the other.

So no reason to assuming nothing was going to happen.

I know 9/10 times you will never get caught but if you did you will either get clamped or ticketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Clamped on private property just cut it off they cant pursue you as they and are not entitled to and have no access to your name and address !

Darsad wrote: »
    just cut it off

You make it sound like opening an envelope :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I know the place your on about and in fairness you could have parked on the road outside the clinic or in the GAA center accross the road or pay for parking at the top of the hospital.

There are thee options there so you didn't have to park on the double yellow line.

Advertisement