Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Ring Claim

Options
  • 04-05-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

Hope you can help. We got engaged March 2009 and my partner got me a beautiful ring. Given the cost he decided to insure it, actually he had bought it in Jan '09 and insured it since then. When looking for insurance he was advised to take out home contents insurance and add it as a specific item, which he did.

We dont actually live together at the moment. I have my own place and he his. The ring was insured at his address.

Last Feb we were out on Portmanock beach skipping stones etc and my ring flew off my cold wet hand :( After a few devastating hours of searching and dark closing in we gave up. A few teary days later 'he' got in touch with the insurance co who asked for Garda statements etc.

Last week we were informed that we were not covered as 'he' was not actually wearing the ring and he had gifted it to me. The policy is in 'his' name....the again, so was the invoice!

The insurance co are sticking to their guns, however everytime 'he' calls them and relates the story to another customer care rep they appear bemused...saying 'well you're hardly going to be wearing it!'

Funny and all as this might appear, for us it's quite stressful and upsetting.

Can anyone help?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi, this section of Boards.ie is for issues associated with the site itself, such as account problems and dispute resolution.

I honestly have no idea where your post would be better suited, so I am going to suggest Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cadenza

Opps....thanks

:)

Advertisement