Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

housewarming gift?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

My mate (25 year old guy) recently bought a house, want to get a present for the house but don't have a clue what to get! Anyone got any ideas for a decent housewarming gift??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Nice bottle of wine/whiskey? :D
    Or a set of glasses for his favourite tipple?

If he cooks a knife block or a spice rack might be good?

If you say a bit more about what he's into, you might get better suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Good point Mary - Ellen :D he's into sport and music mainly i suppose.

he's not big into wine or whiskey so that's kinda out.

knife block is actually a good bet though!

was thinking of a decent poker set but dont want his girlfriend to think it's going to turn into a bachelor pad (it is his house not theirs but still....)

anyone think of a decent board game that could be used as an focal point for a night in with a few friends, risk or pictionary or something along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I've had a few fun afternoons over a game of monopoly or cluedo with a drink or two.
    The poker sets a great idea too or maybe a setanta subscription or something.
    Sport and music aren't my strong points :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Gstore.ie (Tony)

Hi Op,

One thing I was given when I moved in was the installation of Sky from one of my friends which was a really nice gift although part of me thinks he did it to get a €75 voucher from Sky :D but all the same still a very nice gift and saved me money.

Failing that there's always microwaves, george foreman grills, etc.... I wouldn't really go with the poker set the moving in gift is supposed to be something that they both can use that is unless the girlfriend likes poker.

Regards
    Tony

Advertisement