Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Always sick after alcohol..?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This may not be the biggest issue on this thread, but I would really appreciate it if some of you could give me some advice on this problem as it is really annoying me of late..
    The problem is that my stomach cant handle alcohol, this is any sort, even beer. Pretty much every night I go out and drink I end up either getting sick that night or the next morning, or both! I could have 5 pints and I wont even be drunk, but I will more than likely be sick the next morning.. As for the likes of vodka, I would be sick the whole next day! And I dont just mean hungover sick I mean vomiting or empty reaching all the time. This really gets me down as you can imagine. It can be highly embarrassing as I have a girlfriend that has seen how bad this effects me. She is very caring and is also concerned as to why I am like this.
    I have often put off going out with my friends simply because I cant face the prospect of the next day. I dont know anyone that is the same as me, I seem to be the only one like this. I am so envious of most people I know who can go out, drink whatever they want and not be sick at all, ever!
    Can someone please give me advice as to what might be the cause of this or on how I can prevent it?
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I had an ex like this and it turned out to be a stomach ulcer. He got 3 types of antibiotics and it was cured.

You should get checked out with the GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Are you on any meds? I know someone who vomits alot, particulary during/after alcohol consumption and its because of the medication they are on. It doesn't advise to avoid alcohol on the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here again. No not on any meds so that cant be the problem. I understand about the ulcer but wouldn't that effect me even when im not after drinking? its only after I drink that i get sick. Like, after 5 points I could be sick for most of the next day.
    Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Go to see your doctor.

Nobody here can give you medical advice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

To be honest OP, if I discovered that poking myself in the eye made me sore, Id probably stop doing it.

It sounds like you are just drinking more than you can handle. However, we can't diagnose you so you'd be best going to a doctor to discuss it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement