Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KE to D

Options
  • 04-05-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

How can I change my Kildare registration (KE) over to Dublin (D)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No but why would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

you can't and why would you want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

I know it seems crazy, but for personal reasons, I must.

Take the car out of the country for 6 months, bring it back in, pretend it was never here and register it to a Dublin address.

:D

Joke BTW as you'd probably be given the KE address back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I know it seems crazy, but for personal reasons, I must.

you'd have to buy a new (or second hand foreign) car and register at a dublin address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You may be able to re-register it but I'm not entirely sure. Seems like a waste of money IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

To the best of my knowledge it's only doable in very rare cases - for example, if you buy a car that's been confiscated from a criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

but for personal reasons

Do continue...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Do continue...

yeah curious now as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

For personal reasons(???bizarre? Is your name Ross O'Carroll Kelly??) or financial reasons?

Sorry to go off topic, but this thread is too good to be true!
    For next years April Fools someone should really publicise the splitting of Dublin into D and DS registrations as per Tipperary North and South, and that for a limited time only you will be able to re-register your SUV/Coupe as a DS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

Holy god, the other way around I could understand but why devalue a car like that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

langdang wrote: »
    For personal reasons(???bizarre? Is your name Ross O'Carroll Kelly??) or financial reasons?

Sorry to go off topic, but this thread is too good to be true!
    For next years April Fools someone should really publicise the splitting of Dublin into D and DS registrations as per Tipperary North and South, and that for a limited time only you will be able to re-register your SUV/Coupe as a DS...

Its the 4th of May

bladespin wrote: »
    Holy god, the other way around I could understand but why devalue a car like that?

Oh stop it you. :rolleyes:

Let's keep this on-topic - the OP wants to know whether it's possible, not whether you agree with their reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Anan1 wrote: »
    Let's keep this on-topic - the OP wants to know whether it's possible, not whether you agree with their reasoning.

the answer is in short NO...

except under extenuating circumstances, unless the Op wants to divulge his reasoning, then people here arent in a postiiton to help further...

only other piece of advice... try picking up the phone and ringing the motor tax office....

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Buy a second car with a D?
    I'm intrigued now as well.
    Are you trying to sell it in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I think the easiest option would be to sell it and buy another.

Obviously a decision not to be taken lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Looks like it must be because of a recent move

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055882330

Hardly personal reasons if this why. I live in Wicklow, work in Dublin and drive a KK reg. I've never even been to Kilkenny:P

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Looks like it must be because of a recent move

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055882330

Hardly personal reasons if this why. I live in Wicklow, work in Dublin and drive a KK reg. I've never even been to Kilkenny:P
    Enough with the second-guessing of the OP's motives, if they'd wanted you to know then they'd have told you. If you can't at least try to answer the OP's question then please don't post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Anan1 wrote: »
    Enough with the second-guessing of the OP's motives, if they'd wanted you to know then they'd have told you. If you can't at least try to answer the OP's question then please don't post.

O come on! We're all curious! Do they eat their young (and culchie 'blow-in' Lillywhites) in North Dublin?;)

To answer the OP's question - I'm pretty sure it's not possible - not unless there's some convulted and impractical way...

pburns wrote: »
    O come on! We're all curious! Do they eat their young (and culchie 'blow-in' Lillywhites) in North Dublin?;)
    I'm not denying a bit of curiosity myself, but we've seen the whole D-reg vs the rest thing enough times already - it goes nowhere and invariably ends in tears.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It cant be done i had the same problem as well for personal reasons but got a car with dub reg for the wife. I wanted a c reg but couldnt change it

I cant say either because their is a few here that will be mad to press the ban button

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

SARASON wrote: »
    I cant say either because their is a few here that will be mad to press the ban button

Ah, leave it out will you? This isn't the place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

KE isn't so bad, at least it's not C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

I guarantee you it's his wife.

From my experience woman get bothered if their car has the 'wrong' reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

SARASON wrote: »
    It cant be done i had the same problem as well for personal reasons but got a car with dub reg for the wife. I wanted a c reg but couldnt change it

SWAP YA - my next car is gonna be a D reg - cos it puts the wind up them at home when they see a silver Mondeo with a high-vis jacket on the passenger seat, then they see the Cork reg and they plough on again over the limit!

sorry Mods, I know it's off topic, but...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Absurdum wrote: »

How very dare you - I resemble that remark !:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Absurdum wrote: »

C, LK, L, DL, S, CN, -reg's that need a facility to change when you sell the car

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alright i think the OP's question has been answered. This thread is just going to end badly...
    OP if you want it reopened PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement