Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This can only end bad

Options
  • 04-05-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭

So Italian car company Fiat, in what I can only consider to be the worst collaboration in car history (Launched in Japan last year launched in Ireland in April 2010), is making a limited edition version of there Fiat 500 in cahoots with Denim clothing company Diesel.

"From the unique alloy wheels with Diesel Logo...Diesel badged gear knob"

This is all well and good, it might be a nicely finished car, denim seats and what not. My main concern however is this. The car is available with a choice of 3 engines. A 1.3 Diesel multijet engine. Fantastic. Should be no problems there. But it is also available in 1.2 or 1.4L petrol engines.

So if the average Fiat 500 owner, ie. not generally a car maniac or male, is driving around in a Fiat 500 with the word Diesel written on every fitting and piece of upholstery, pulls into a garage to fill her up, what pump do you think they will most likely drive straight to? I could forgive a mechanic for filling the thing full of diesel in this case.

So, monumental fail for Fiat, or do you think people are clever enough to realise that it's a petrol engine despite the car screaming at you otherwise?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The diesel pump wont fit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I know its a 500 above but:

PUNTO

Parts UnderNeath Tied On

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

NothingMan wrote: »
    So Italian car company Fiat, in what I can only consider to be the worst collaboration in car history

You'd think when the Italians allied themselves with ze Germans they'd pick up a few hints on build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Moved from AH.

The only place a discussion on Fiat should be is in AH. Send it back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A petrol diesel car, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Melion wrote: »
    The diesel pump wont fit

Would that it were true for all cars. I worked in a Shell for almost 3 years and in my time 2 people put Diesel into their petrol cars. Maybe the pump didn't exactly fit, but some people will manage it somehow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

So Italian car company Fiat, in what I can only consider to be the worst collaboration in car history (Launched in Japan last year launched in Ireland in April 2010), is making a limited edition version of there Fiat 500 in cahoots with Denim clothing company Diesel.

"From the unique alloy wheels with Diesel Logo...Diesel badged gear knob"

This is all well and good, it might be a nicely finished car, denim seats and what not. My main concern however is this. The car is available with a choice of 3 engines. A 1.3 Diesel multijet engine. Fantastic. Should be no problems there. But it is also available in 1.2 or 1.4L petrol engines.

So if the average Fiat 500 owner, ie. not generally a car maniac or male, is driving around in a Fiat 500 with the word Diesel written on every fitting and piece of upholstery, pulls into a garage to fill her up, what pump do you think they will most likely drive straight to? I could forgive a mechanic for filling the thing full of diesel in this case.

So, monumental fail for Fiat, or do you think people are clever enough to realise that it's a petrol engine despite the car screaming at you otherwise?

They could brand the Petrol one Gas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Stinicker wrote: »
    They could brand the Petrol one Gas

I already have a..........GasGas.........no, really, I do......:D

HERE

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Suzuki did an elesse version of the jap swift and Toyota did a starlet jeans special edition with denim seats!

This is epic stupidity though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i laughed at the add when it said. " a potent 1.4 petrol engine with 100bhp for the bravest among you" yea it would take some balls to handle that kinda power

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They have actually written diesel on outside of the car too. Surely they will get sued by everyone who has an attendant fill the car full of diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

"all the way up to a potent 100bhp 1.4 for the bravest among you"

hahahahahahahaha
    it's no wonder people think some of their cars are fast when they're pedalled crap like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,012 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Get off your mistress, Sergio M. and get your arse back into work :D

Fail!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

SV wrote: »
    "all the way up to a potent 100bhp 1.4 for the bravest among you"

hahahahahahahaha
    it's no wonder people think some of their cars are fast when they're pedalled crap like that!

The car weighs about 800kg, or more accurately, did before they threw lots of extra crap on to it. Its not "fast" but is certainly going to be nippy enough. I can't see many people who want high top end speed buying it, can you?

Would that it were true for all cars. I worked in a Shell for almost 3 years and in my time 2 people put Diesel into their petrol cars. Maybe the pump didn't exactly fit, but some people will manage it somehow.

Old or imported cars. On a new Irish-spec car, a diesel pump *won't* fit. At all. Ever.

Advertisement