Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you experienced pregnancy complications while a patient at a private clinic?

Options
  • 04-05-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

This thread is open to try to gather accurate feedback if you ever were a patient at a private clinic during your pregnancy, experienced complications, and had to be transferred to another hospital that could cope with both yours and your baby safety. How did you feel? What was it like to be put in an ambulance while in labour? etc...
    I'm not talking about feedback on midwifes, I'm sure they were always wonderful. It's the most wonderful job in the world!
    A lot of first time Mums have concerns about this very important side of medical care. It would be great to hear from you if it all went well in the end, or in the contrary if you feel that you were not taken care of properly dispite the promise of high standard private medical care.
    If you are happy about your experience or had healthy uncomplicated pregnancies, please don't post here as this is not the aim of this thread. Other threads are open for this.
    I am obsviously looking for honest feedback, not feedback that would be biaised by the large amount of money paid upfront... So if you have something on your heart, it's time to let go...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Is this silence proof that this subject is taboo? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Or that those who did either want to not talk about it or can't for what ever legal reasons.

Gosh that's really frightening then! People pay all this money for a service they can't get an objective feedback on... Dreadful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Maybe it is actually that rare an occurrence? Especially the bit below?
    What was it like to be put in an ambulance while in labour? etc...

(And I'm not an employee/patient/in anyway related to a certain hospital I reckon you're referring to)

I agree with you cch, and I hope this is the case.

And also, there is a chance that private care patients who could have had this experience are not Boards user either...

• Advertisement
Advertisement