Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, May 4th @20:15 in Wes 2 - Boardeaux V Finsbury United

Options
  • 04-05-2010 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - In
    Ed - Inj
    Keith - In
    Glenn - In
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Eoin
    Gav - In
    Kenny - Inj

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - Inj
    Dave - In
    Jules

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

nope, im out for this one again. my 2-3 weeks was a little optimistic i think, leg aint much better. should be over to watch though. im away for possibly 3 weeks due to holidays and work anyway, so ideally it will be right with another 4 weeks off. just sickened that i have to miss 7 games so early in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - In
    Ed - Inj
    Keith - In
    Glenn - In
    Graham - In
    Martin - In

Midfield

Cillian
    Collie - In
    Conor - In
    Eoin
    Gav - In
    Kenny - Inj

Forwards

Anto - In
    Ciaran - Inj
    Dave - In
    Jules - In

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In.

What time is it at? I accidentally deleted the text, thread says 1.15 and other thread says 20.15...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Frisbee wrote: »
    In.

What time is it at? I accidentally deleted the text, thread says 1.15 and other thread says 20.15...

Meeting at 7:45 with kick off at 8:15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

5-1

Smashing win lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

really deserved that and considering that it was 1-1 with 12 mins left and they aint a bad side, it is indeed a smashing win. looked like the game could go either way, but a moment of sheer quality from conor turned it our way. up to that however, we dominated and had 3 or 4 chances but the ball wouldnt go in. 3 quick fire goals later, it was 5-1 and while we were a bit lucky with 3 of the goals, we deserve that luck after some horrible luck 2 weeks ago.

we are definately a confidence team, but we have so many good players that if we can keep the opposition from scoring, there should be enough belief that we will always score and thats the way its worked out in our 2 wins so far, a late scoring burst of goals saw us win handy.

considering 1 or 2 results may have went our way last nite, the table looks a little better this morning or well, will do once its updated. we are well capable of getting 12 points from our next 4 games and if we do, we are in with a massive chance. one game at a time though and its glenwood next week, never easy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep a good performance, excellent passing throughout the game but lacking a bit of luck around the box to convert into goals. An excellent strike off the bar from Collie and a top top strike from Conor, put the foot down after that and drove on. As Ed says a tough game next week and we'll need to keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have to agree with the lads Conor's goal was a cracker, great technique to catch it coming down like that with a defender charging him down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, excellent performance lads right across the board. The back four gave us a very solid platform and the fullbacks pushed on to start many attacks. At times it looked like it was gonna be one of those nights where the ball just wouldn't go in (did we hit the bar 2 or 3 times in a couple of minutes?), but we kept faith in our game and didn't panic and it came to fruition in the end, that patience is the bit I was most impressed with.

What a sweet strike from Conor for the 2nd, excellent stuff.

Enjoyed playing in the centre, though we'll rarely get that much time on the ball against other midfields. You'll note that when in there I adopt an 'if in doubt, get it in the box' policy. When you have time and space to take it down, by all means do, and we did plent of that. But there are times on that pitch where the ball just bounces very high and it takes an age to get it down so at those times I just lobbed percentage balls into the box: at worst our strikers pressured the defence so much that they gave it back to us or put it out, at best Anto and Dave managed to get on the end of it and make a half-chance out of it, and they did that several times. When we are in possession, a midfielder's primary focus has to be getting the ball to his strikers and letting them worry about what to do with it - that goes for wingers too.

Justice was done in the end with Anto getting the 5th - was criminal of me to take on the shot and Anto was right to bollock me out of it for it.

Just like last week's result meant nothing for this week, same applies here. That said, next time we're in a tight game and things aren't going our way early on, the experience gained from this game should stand us in good stead - keep our heads and keep our gameplan and it'll come good in the end.

Advertisement