Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rise of weed-killer resistant superweeds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Roundup works well for me, although I don't use it too often. Normally only use it in the rush licker or the very odd time that I do a bit of reseeding. I don't know where I'd be without it.

Did anyone see the measure for the New AEOS - it is for maintaining grass varieties? They consider rushes to be one of the varieties of grass. Spent the last 20 years trying to get rid of rushes and now they'll pay me to cultivate them. Is this the direction that the Green Party want us to go? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

reilig wrote: »
    Roundup works well for me, although I don't use it too often. Normally only use it in the rush licker or the very odd time that I do a bit of reseeding. I don't know where I'd be without it.

Did anyone see the measure for the New AEOS - it is for maintaining grass varieties? They consider rushes to be one of the varieties of grass. Spent the last 20 years trying to get rid of rushes and now they'll pay me to cultivate them. Is this the direction that the Green Party want us to go? :):)

They'll pay you now to cultivate them so they can tell you down the line that part of your farm fella, well, it's no longer farmland, look at the state of it! There'll be small print in some measure or other of SFP or something else that'll cut you because of it.

I would say be awfully careful about taking payments and letting land turn into junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

Roundup works well for me

You should consider doing TV commercials for Monsanto. I'd advise you to extract a good price for your involvement in promoting this product. It would be interesting to play the commercials back on youtube.com in a few years time along with a county by county map of Ireland where roundup no longer works......

Or you can watch the DVD now (sound track in English, French and German)
    http://www.amazon.fr/monde-selon-Monsanto-Marie-Monique-Robin/dp/B001684BP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1272999678&sr=1-1

It might make you think twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I hate Monsanto so......................... yay!

• Advertisement

Funny... I thought this was a farming forum, I must put up some links to the damages that oil companies, fertilizer manufacturers, and pretty much every global manufacturer in the world does.

I gave my experience and opinion on the product that you mentioned. Most farmers in the country use it - I use it to kill weeds, its a vital component of everyday farming. Did you want me to be critical of it or something???????????
    probe wrote: »
    You should consider doing TV commercials for Monsanto. I'd advise you to extract a good price for your involvement in promoting this product. It would be interesting to play the commercials back on youtube.com in a few years time along with a county by county map of Ireland where roundup no longer works......

Or you can watch the DVD now (sound track in English, French and German)
    http://www.amazon.fr/monde-selon-Monsanto-Marie-Monique-Robin/dp/B001684BP0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1272999678&sr=1-1

It might make you think twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

you could start a little enterprise making st brigits crosses. :)

mossfort wrote: »
    you could start a little enterprise making st brigits crosses. :)

Sure if I keep using the roundup in the rush licker, I will soon have a very healthy crop. I wonder could you make briquettes out of rushes - like they do with miscanthus and straw?

Imagine, its a crop that grows best in wet land with poor soil, can produce 2 crops per year, does not need to be planted, ground does not need to be ploughed or tilled, it needs no fertilizer, animals grazing through it do not damage it and it can be harvested and baled with conventional machinery. If only we could fine a market for it, we here in the North West could become millionaires. I feel an entrepreneurial moment coming on :):):D

Advertisement