Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford touch-up paint

Options
  • 04-05-2010 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy some touch-up paint for my 02 ford focus on the web - it's just for some tiny little chips on the colour-coded bumpers, no real skill needed. The car is metallic green, but a quick web search shows a whole lot of greens available. How can I determine which green is the one I have?
    Phelim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

There should be a paint code somewhere on your car, most likely on a little panel when you open the door, or check the manual should tell you where to find it. This code then matches exactly to your paint color.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The paint code should be on the VIN plate under the bonnet (or maybe on a sticker in the driver's door frame).

Some Ford's have a silver sticker under the bonnet with it on also. It will be something like A1, B2, etc.

Or just knock into a Ford garage to buy the paint, it will only cost a couple of quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mailforkev wrote: »
    The paint code should be on the VIN plate under the bonnet (or maybe on a sticker in the driver's door frame).

Some Ford's have a silver sticker under the bonnet with it on also. It will be something like A1, B2, etc.

Or just knock into a Ford garage to buy the paint, it will only cost a couple of quid.

+1

I bought a genuine paint touch up kit for my old Focus from my local Ford dealer for €10. All they needed was the car reg to order the exact colour.

Advertisement