Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SLOW CAR SALES

Options
  • 04-05-2010 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Anybody else finding second hand car sales a bit slow at the moment.I know the recession is one factor but in the last month its gone very quite.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

are you buying or selling?

Ive found it quite the opposite tbh. Cars listed on carzone can be gone in 3-4 days, especially in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kildarelad

Selling cars. People want the shirt off your back the offers they are making are that low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well yes id agree with that. I got 25% off a car sticker price recently. (admittedly the car was only listed at 3k but still illustrates my point). Theres probably less money in the used car game now - people who would normally buy 3-5 year olds are going for the scrappage deals on offer for new cars, or alternatively not buying at all.

kildarelad wrote: »
    Selling cars. People want the shirt off your back the offers they are making are that low

They want revenge for being robbed in the good times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cheapish cars say below €7k or €8k are still selling as buyers are less likely to need finance since the banks closed the purse strings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

RoverJames wrote: »
    They want revenge for being robbed in the good times ;)

They still paid it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

bazz26 wrote: »
    Cheapish cars say below €7k or €8k are still selling as buyers are less likely to need finance since the banks closed the purse strings.

+1

We're finding that the days of asking big and then giving big discounts for straight deals is over. We're becoming more like the UK in that respect. If you ask 8995 for something then its 8750 straight.

Some unrealistic punters still expect mega discounts on the window price but in reality if the car's not priced right in the first place then you wont get the call at all.

Like I said at the start of the year , demand for used cars is going through the roof and prices are going up , not down. If your used cars aint selling OP, then I'd suggest somethings not right somewhere be it where you're advertising, the type of stock you're selling or the prices you are asking!

Advertisement