Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HETAC

• 04-05-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am currently studying BA(Hons) in Accounting and Finance, HETAC Level 8. I dont know if HETAC degree is well respected in Ireland and worldwide? Will I get equal oppurtunity and value as a university degree holder??? This question has troubled me a lot. I am worried if I have made a wrong decision choosing HETAC?? Please help me with . U can email me at theredsrule@yahoo.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Irishoz

I am currently studying BA(Hons) in Accounting and Finance, HETAC Level 8. I dont know if HETAC degree is well respected in Ireland and worldwide? Will I get equal oppurtunity and value as a university degree holder??? This question has troubled me a lot. I am worried if I have made a wrong decision choosing HETAC?? Please help me with . U can email me at theredsrule@yahoo.com

Hey you can calm down. HETAC is essentially the awards body for all non-university's in Ireland. It goes FETAC - which is basically FAS certs, then it goes to HETAC which is ordinary level degrees to masters.

The Institutes of Technology i.e DIT, ITT, CIT all award HETAC as does Griffith. Universitiy's accredit themselves as University degrees would probably be seen as more prestigious.

HETAC level degrees are recognised around the world. The whole 'level system' came into effect across the EU a few years ago to make the validation process from country to county for easy to disern. So a level 8 degree award in say Italy has the same as a level 8 awarded here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 theredsrule

hey mate..thank you for the reply.I very much appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tammyxxx

Hi can u plz help me. I am just wondering can HETAC help u get into university OR am I better off to do a Fetac level 6/7 course. Also I need to know can doing a fetac level 5 help u to get into university like a fetac level 6/7 course? Also what level Hetac course should i do 2 help me get into uni? AND is there level in HETAC courses like that in FETAC course

Any info is greatly appreciated:)

Thanking YOU Tammyxxx LC student

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

fetac only goes up as far as level 6 also why would you not do hetac as unversity degree's are only a bit better as you can go up to level 10 on unversity and hetac cert's

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

also yes do a hetac and you can transferr to unversity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Irishoz

A FETAC award is unlikely to get you into a University on its own. A good grade in a HETAC degree would probably open the door to a University for you though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

Not true, lots of universities take students through the LINKS system, thats Fetac to University but you must do the relevant Fetac course and get at least 5 distinctions.:)

Advertisement