Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in danger of pregnancy?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this has probably been done to death, but I needed to get an answer of how much of a risk I'm at.

I had sex with my boyfriend this afternoon and used a condom. However, about an hour later we were fooling around when we started having sex again,this time minus a condom-only this time he didn't cum and we stopped pretty fast.

It's only just occurred to me that the semen from the first time may have still been lingering when we started up again.I finished my period last week but I'm trying to figure out if there's any real risk....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes there is a risk there was sperm in his prejaculate and on his penis previously.

National Pregnancy Helpline: 1850 495051
    Contraception Information Service: 1850 425262

Or get in touch with your own dr.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

Hi,

EVERY time you have sex, if he 'finishes' inside you or not sperm is released. Only a small bit but enough to get you pregnant. You say your period finished 7 days ago. Well most women will ovulate 10 - 14 days into their cycle and sperm can live for 7 days. So if you do the maths it might happen. You cant know until you have your next period though. And I'm not telling you to get it, as it is totally a personal choice but you might want to consider the morning after pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I think you know you can get pregnant from having sex! The risk might be lower but there's still a risk. Condoms aren't 100% effective either

Advertisement