Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Exam - Prep and Preliminary

Options
  • 03-05-2010 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey guys. :)

So, I'm absolutely bricking it about Thursday and Friday! I'm just started on my prep sheet for my craft (poster - "Milan Fashion Week") and I don't really have a lot of ideas about what I'm meant to be doing with it. I tried asking my teacher but he never really explained it that well.

What exactly should I be putting down on this sheet? Also, what's the difference between the prep and the preliminary sheet? I know the preliminary sheet should be done in the exam, but what's the difference in the content?

Any tips on this would be great, as I love Art and I would love to get a good mark in it. :D Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Prep. sheet is ideas

Perlim. sheet is the plan

basically. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Thanks! :o I should probably know this.

So, prep is a bunch of different ideas and perliminary is how I developed the idea I'm actually doing (through sketches, rough drafts, etc.)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Like the prep. sheet is cuttings from magazines/online/etc/maybe some of your own drawings, of loads of ideas. (maybe a rare cool idea would be to stick some fabrick/labels on this?)

Then the perlim. sheet (that you do in the exam) should be a rough guide to what the poster you are about to do, is! Yeah - drawings. (but make sure nothing is copied directly from the prep. sheet onto the perlim. sheet as you lose marks for that, and if you have a cool idea save it for the perlim. sheet!)

Best of luck, I'm doing the puppet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Thanks, I understand it so much better now! :D And best of luck to you too! Which puppet are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

I'd the exact same problem so thank's for asking this question :)

I still think the prep. sheet somehow turns out better because you can use other images from magazines and stuff and it's a bit unfair you get no marks for it.
    And Preliminary sheet is just all sketches.. right? And it can't be an exact copy of the prep :confused: but yeah, my idea is almost finalized and i've my prep. sheet almost stuck down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mahon Lad

I hope one of you answer this. I only just saw it and my art practical is on Tuesday. Should I do the same as for my poster (I'm doing calligraphy instead)? Also, what about my life sketching and still life? My teacher didn't explain it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Mahon Lad wrote: »
    I hope one of you answer this. I only just saw it and my art practical is on Tuesday. Should I do the same as for my poster (I'm doing calligraphy instead)? Also, what about my life sketching and still life? My teacher didn't explain it at all.
    Pretty much the same idea for the prep sheet only include different fonts etc. if its the calligraphy option you are going for.

As for still life and life sketching you do not need a prep sheet if that's what you are asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anonomous97

hi so basically i dont relly know whats required to get a good mark in art an i really need it! does anyone know ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

hi so basically i dont relly know whats required to get a good mark in art an i really need it! does anyone know ! :)

A good place to start would be to read the Chief Examiner's report: https://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/Chief_Examiners_Report_Art_2013.pdf

(If it's too long for you, skip to the conclusions and recommendations!)

Look at a marking scheme too while you're at it.

Advertisement