Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Problem

Options
  • 03-05-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Im in 6th year at the Moment, live in Cork.
    Ive known a girl i like for ages, and we were very good friends (Id just like to clarify before I go in depth im not looking for a relationship with this girl).
    Anyways A few weeks ago I asked this girl if she wanted to go to the Debs with me. She seemed happy that I asked her and we had fun the rest of the night. but ever since i have asked her things seem to be going down hill, she doesnt mess around with me as much as she would ( joke, tease etc) and now its almost awkward between the two of us when we meet. thing is she is a very good friend and i dont want it to be like this, i know this isnt a usual post in PI but it is getting me down a bit and i would like to get things resolved with her cause she really is a good friend.
    thanks for listening, all advice and opinions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Hey all,
    but ever since i have asked her things seem to be going down hill, she doesnt mess around with me as much as she would ( joke, tease etc) and now its almost awkward between the two of us when we meet. t

My money is on her being teased by her friends about being asked to the debs by you. She may be asking herself if you may have feelings for her. Just keep acting like you always have been-don't go all weird on her.Keep joking and messing around,the awkwardness will pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey OP,

Perhaps she fancies you and now that you've asked her to the debs, it's all gotten a bit embarrassing and awkward and she's not sure where your relationship is and how she should act?

Just keep with it, it should pass. If it's getting you down maybe you could mention to her that you don't want it to make things awkward between you if you think the air needs cleared, sometimes bringing it out into the open and sharing a giggle over it helps.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hey all,
    Im in 6th year at the Moment, live in Cork.
    Ive known a girl i like for ages, and we were very good friends (Id just like to clarify before I go in depth im not looking for a relationship with this girl).
    Anyways A few weeks ago I asked this girl if she wanted to go to the Debs with me. She seemed happy that I asked her and we had fun the rest of the night. but ever since i have asked her things seem to be going down hill, she doesnt mess around with me as much as she would ( joke, tease etc) and now its almost awkward between the two of us when we meet. thing is she is a very good friend and i dont want it to be like this, i know this isnt a usual post in PI but it is getting me down a bit and i would like to get things resolved with her cause she really is a good friend.
    thanks for listening, all advice and opinions welcome :)

Have you told her you're not looking for a relationship? She might have thought you liked her when you asked her to the Debs but if you told her that you weren't into relationships she might have been put out.

If things are awkward between you I think you should just ask her what's up? There isn't anything to loose really by talking to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey guys, cheers for the reply.
    I didnt make this clear in my first post, apologies: I do like her (More than friends way) but she is a very good good friend and i wouldnt want to ruin that by trying it on with her. So im pretty confused on what to do. the general response (thanks again) seems to be wait it out n time will take care of it? I just want to stop this awkwardness, not worth losing a good friendship over nothing even happening like!
    it hurts a bit tho, was with her today and the group we hang around in and she was very jokey with most of the other people there exept with me it was a bit of a held back conversation (?). thanks again for the replies, theyre helping so keem 'em coming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I think it sounds like she likes you to and doesnt know how to act around you now. You say you dont want to ruin your friendship, but if you feel this way for her you should ask her out. Because otherwise she will eventually get a serious boyfriend and you will be jealous! If it doesnt work out it doesnt work out! But at least you'll know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

as above. ask her out. i was in the same boat as you around your age. girl in work i was mad about. was afraid to ask her out because we got on well as mates. in the end someone else asked her out and they were going out for a good while (with us staying mates all the time). when they broke up i got the nerve up to ask her out and she wouldnt because we were such good friends and she didnt want to lose me as a mate. she told me if i had to ask her before the other guy did she would have went out with me no problem....

dont get stuck in the same boat i did lad!

Advertisement