Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donate Books

Options
  • 03-05-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Does anyone know of places you can donate books, i have loads of old children/teenage books in good condition and want to get rid of them..
    Can you donate these to libraries or to any charity that will sell them ;)

Thanks
    Gamby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

There are two oxfam book shops in Dublin which I presume would gladly take them.

http://www.oxfamireland.org/shops/oxfambooks.shtml

Oxfambooks
    23 Parliament Street, Dublin 2,

Oxfambooks
    204 Rathmines Road, Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gamby

brilliant i'l try them ;)

Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, I've given loads of books to charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Age Action

Gamby, There is a massive second-hand booksale coming up in Dublin's Docklands on May 14 and 15. Proceeds to go to five organisations working with older people in the Docklands. They are accepting books at the National College of Ireland (IFSC campus) from May 10 to May 13, and at the Age Action shop, 30/31 Lower Camden Street, May 8, 10am-2pm. All books will be sold at the National College of Ireland for €1 each. Good way to move your old books, and pick up lots of replacements! For further details contact Linda at 01-6128000 or check out www.ageaction.ie

Eamon, Age Action.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Great idea, I dropped down some books there earlier today. It's nice to see books donated to a good cause.

I also particularly like the Oxfam in Parliament St. - a good selection.

So don't let your books gather dust .....set them free!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I found several different charity shops not interested in taking more books.

There's a "book bin" in the Ringsend Recycle Centre that you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭term

OP, for books in the teen/kids range, check if your local school library is interested in taking them from you. Govt grants are gone now for purchases.

Advertisement