Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem selling a car

Options
  • 03-05-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

Just wondering how to deal with this.

I bought a car from Merlin auctions that was a formerly repossessed car.

I have had it for 2 years and its been great. I now want to sell it but its still showing up as having finance owed which obviously is going to put people off.

Can I get the car cleared or am I stuck with it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated and if the topic has comeup before then I apologise.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Navanboyo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering how to deal with this.

I bought a car from Merlin auctions that was a formerly repossessed car.

I have had it for 2 years and its been great. I now want to sell it but its still showing up as having finance owed which obviously is going to put people off.

Can I get the car cleared or am I stuck with it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated and if the topic has comeup before then I apologise.

Can you find out which finance company it says the finance is owed to? If you have those details, contact the finance company and get them to update their system to reflect nothing owing. They probably didn't close the system off fully when it was sold at auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Navanboyo

Having read that again I need to clarify as follows. The Finance company had the car repossessed from the previous owner and sent it into the auction house for resale. It was openly advertised as such and I was told there would be no problem later on if I wanted to sell it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Navanboyo

Thanks R.O.R that would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SRBRGS

If you call Merlin Car Auctions I'm sure they'll sort this out for you. I've bought repossessed cars from them and they've got them taken off HPI very quickly once I've called them.

Advertisement