Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Tribe Called Quest

Options
  • 03-05-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I'm looking to get into them. I really like Q-Tip on Beastie Boys' "Get It Together" and I'm wondering which would be the best album to download. Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

You really don't know how lucky you are mate, each and every one of ATCQ five albums are absolutely stellar and for me they're easily one of the most influential acts in the history of hip hop.

Their best album is probably 'Midnight Marauders' and once you hear it nothing will ever quite be the same again, with regards to the rest of their albums I'd rate them in the following order; People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm, The Low end Theory, The Love Movement and Beats, Rhymes and Life. I think once you've heard one of their albums you'll straight away want to get hold of the rest of their work.

If you've been impressed with Q-Tip on other artists music then you need to check out his solo work aswell, his album The Renaissance is arguably the finest hip hop album of recent years and his other ones Amplified and Kamaal The Abstract are well worth a listen too.

As much as I love Q-Tip though I'd have to say that I prefer Phife Dawg when it comes to ATCQ's music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think that's the first time I've ever seen The Low End Theory rated third. My personal favourite edging out Midnight Marauders. Beats Rhymes & Life I agree is probably the weakest but it still has some great tracks on it, Stressed Out in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Gave Midnight Mauraders a listen; have to say I dug it. Especially Midnight and Electric Relaxation. I plan to listen to some more when I get the chance.
    Thanks for the replies.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

iWeeze wrote: »
    Gave Midnight Mauraders a listen; have to say I dug it. Especially Midnight and Electric Relaxation. I plan to listen to some more when I get the chance.
    Thanks for the replies.:D

Midnights my favorite.

Beats Rhymes and Life has some excellent songs, also some great apearances by Consequence.

Love Movement is extremely good.

Low End Theory is probably my second ATOC album

People Instin........yeah that one, is also great.

As holy guacamole also said, great solo albums as well. Phife is supposed to be releasing something later this year. He is disappointed with his solo stuff so far and wants to right that.

Anyway, great band and one of my favorites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

iWeeze wrote: »
    I'm looking to get into them. I really like Q-Tip on Beastie Boys' "Get It Together" and I'm wondering which would be the best album to download. Any help?

That's what got me into Tribe aswell. Class song. Midnight Marauders is my favourite album by them. First CD i bought of theirs was the Anthology. Might be a good place to start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement