Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prefix for voicemail

Options
  • 03-05-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi
    looking for the prefix to leave a voicemail on a landline without disturbing the owner. They don't need avy distractions at the moment. New baby!!

Using 5 like on mobiles doesn't seem to work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd have thought it depends on the answering machine or service they have etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Random wrote: »
    I'd have thought it depends on the answering machine or service they have etc.

They use Eircoms mailbox. There is nothing on the Eircom website to help. I'll just have to post a note/card to them instead;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Nothing official but ...

179-areacode-phone no

eg 179 21 2xx xxxx is the mailbox for 021 2xx xxxx

1790 seems to be the prefix to access the mailbox to retrieve messages.

You may not be able to reach voicemail outside your own region or area code. There are several voicemail servers around the eircom network an the. Only serve particular areas.

Advertisement