Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you prune spherical buxus back to shape!!

Options
  • 03-05-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi fellow greenfingers! I bought 5 small circular buxus last summer and they are in need of a pruning urgently.anyone any idea how i can get them back into their spherical beauty without butchering its entirety?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I've done them freehand with a kitchen scissors. Hard enough to keep spherical shape but if you take your time it's not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP you need a sharp secatuers or small clipping shears. If you're nervous about retaining the shape, make a ring guide from 2 wire hangers.

Light clip and check, light clip and check small amounts until you become more confident and familiar with cutting spherical shape. Heavy cutting will more likely result in creating flat areas and the plant will soon look the worse.

Advertisement