Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce a friend to Sky-Does it work?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know this topic has been done before but I'm wondering have things changed- last time I looked into it there was a sizable number of people who "introduce a friend to sky" never got their money off or cheque from Sky.

I am going to be signing up to Sky soon and am wondering is there much point in using the parents Sky account to introduce me to Sky, if that makes sense? Likewise anyone signing upto sky I don't mind introducing you;)

Thanks in advance.

AW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i did it a few times, always got the cheque, it just took a bit longer than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

What's the current deal 50 Euro for you and 20 euro credit for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It sounds tempting, but I couldn't really live with myself if I did it, because with all the repeats and rubbish channels on Sky, I can only barely convince myself that it's worth any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ok so I rang Sky, the current offer is Introduce a Friend- the new customer will get 2 months half price TV regardless of having a €22 package or all Sky Sports and movies and the existing customer gets a €50 voucher. Think I'll introduce myself to Sky so :D Goodbye crappy Chorus NTL hellooooo Sky+ HD

€50 voucher for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sorry I'll rephrase that, I think he said it was a cheque but I couldn't be 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I introduced a friend last December and am still waiting for the cheque.:mad:

In fact your post has reminded me to follow up on this again as I was told on 18th March that I would have the cheque in a month:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 vwcorrado

over the last year, i have introduced 3 friends to sky and i received my €50 on all occasions although the last time was slightly longer than the other two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I had to email them but eventually i got my cheque ok i know i am nit picking here but does it bother anyone else that the check they send you says only payable in the UK so you have to pay a 3.75 fee to get it cashed i know its not much but it just annoyed me!!

• Advertisement

Just got mine this morning after my friend signed up 3 weeks ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

I finally received my cheque last week but, as with danois, it only realised €47in the bank after charges.

It shows scant regard for Irish customers if they can't be bothered to open an account in a bank that is part of the Irish clearing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Wow...I know countless people who signed up friends and NOT even one of them ever ...got the voucher they were promised, also a friend of mine signed up her son and was promised a free Sky + box also which never materialised...

Have Sky finally got their act together....doubt it..

Tarabuses wrote: »
    I finally received my cheque last week but, as with danois, it only realised €47in the bank after charges.

It shows scant regard for Irish customers if they can't be bothered to open an account in a bank that is part of the Irish clearing system.

I lodged mine and got the full €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

gtg60 wrote: »
    I lodged mine and got the full €50

how long were you waiting!

danjo-xx wrote: »
    how long were you waiting!

As I wrote on the previous page, about 3 weeks from when my friend signed up, quicker than I was expecting!

Advertisement